WHY IS SOUTHERN SOUL ARTISTS NOT GETTING SHOWS LIKE THE R&B ARTISTS

WHAT IS GOING ON OUT THERE I WANNA KNOW SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY ?

Views: 408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

.................ANOTHER THING IS YOU HAVE RECORD LABELS TRYING TO SELL THEIR MUSIC TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE PROMOTING THEIR MUSIC I KNOW THIS FOR SURE, MR LARRY CHAMBERS AT ECKO SENDS ME MUSIC FOR FREE BECAUSE HE TRYING TO GET THE ARTIST MUSIC OUT. MRS ANN CODAY,MR TOMMY TEE, L.J. ECHOLS, CHESTINE JACKSON, SIMEO,LIL FALAY,SWEET ANGEL ALL SENT THIER MUSIC FOR FREE TO BE PLAYED BUT YOU DO HAVE THEM CATS OUT THEIR THAT WILL TRY TO SELL YOU THEIR MUSIC SO YOU CAN PLAY THEIR SONG AND I ASK WHY? ANOTHER PROBLEM IS THAT THE ARTIST HAVE A LOT OF FAKE PEOPLE IN THIER CAMP THAT WILL RUIN THEIR BUISNESS. LIKE SOME ARTIST HAVE MANAGERS THAT TALK ABOUT BUISNESS AND THEY DON'T KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT BUISNESS. SO ALL THAT PLAY A ROLE IN IN THE ARTIST NOT GETTING GIGS OR SHOWS.
JOHNNIE ARMSTRONG said:
HI MY NAME IS DJ SUGALOVE I CAN ANSWER THAT. IT IS A COUPLE OF REASONS WHY FIRST RADIO PLAY, A LOT OF SSA(SOUTHER SOUL ARTIST) MUSIC IS NOT GETTING PLAYED ON THE RADIO. LIKE IN NEW ORLEANS FOR INSTANCE, THE SAME OL' ARTIST CAN COME TO NEW ORLEANS EVERY MONTH AND THE PEOPLE WILL SHOW NOW ASK YOURSELF WHY?, IT IT BEACAUSE THE RADIO STATIONS ARE STILL PLAYING "GOT MY MONEY GOT MY WHISKEY." SECOND A LOT OF PROMOTERS DON'T LIKE TAKING CHANCES ON SSA, THATS WHY THE SSA NEED TO CHANGE THEIR GAME, LIKE STOP HATING ON EACH OTHER AND LOVE EACH OTHER AND START BOOKING THEIR SHOWS THEMSELVES. LET BE HONEST IF JEFF FLLOYD, MR. SAM, KAREN WOLFE, LACEE, TK SOUL,AND REGGIG P BOOK THEIR OWN SHOW YOU CANT TELL ME THAT SHOW WANT SELL OUT. THE SSA COME WITH A BAND AND THE R&B ARTIST RATHER DO TRACK SHOWS. SO IF THE SSA ARTIST CAN SHOW THAT THEY CAN BOOK AND SELL OUT THEIR SHOWS THEN YOU WILL GET THE RESPECT AND LOVE THAT THE R&B ARTIST GET. ONE HINT AT THE MUSIC AWARDS SHOWS DO YOU SEE WHERE THIER GIVEN OUT THE BEST MALE OR FEMALE SSA AWARD NO YOU DO NOT BECAUSE THEY INDUSTRY DON'T RESPECT SSA RAPPERS HAD THE SAME PROMBLEM 30 YEARS AGO.
First,let me share some background, however let you rest assured I've developed a key to ending black male lack of responcibility to the black family, not all black men woke up ( many never heard) to the crisis call of atonement at the Millions More Movement or at The Womens March at Philadelphia. Originally from Kansas City my childhood mentors were The Haley Family, Alex Haley wrote the book ''ROOTS''.. I'll briefly share my pain with the lost of my wife in 2002, she passed from M.S. In 1993 my wife started slipping more each month...Originally married in 1973 we accepted Islam at that time, raising four children.
To present a perception of my exstinsive background, HISTORY speaks to ones charecter and provides true records with reguards to comittment. The Holy Bible says '' you know a tree by the fruit it bears, you know a man by his works'' total service programming has always been a specialty while creating a functioning team within broadcast facilities, always considered is assertainment of community needs to acheive vital benchmarks of measurable progression..
From 1974 until 1989 my career record reflects a perfect track record of consistently progressing, urban properties rated below the Top Ten in to the five positions despite strong same-format competition. Almighty God has blessed me with foolproof formulas from actual diligence on the job performance coupled with a never-ending thirst to understand the inner workings of statistical analysis and programming, mastery of psychographic strategies that recognize the role of subliminal seduction in influencing morality.
Winning is never luck; however, it is about catering psychologically to the selected segments’ hopes, dreams and aspirations within any given marketplace. You start with passive research systems (which cost nothing, yet produce vital data in initial strategy), later developing objective research systems, which allow mid-course corrections month by month during survey periods to achieve gross maximum acceleration before the close of this controlled data process.
Among other priorities stations must assume the role of proactive compassionate advocate of community needs and act in a leadership role to advance and procure success for all positive community organizations without reguards to corporate revenues. In fact, creating the strongest community presence only insures avenues for increased, sustained dominance in the marketplace and creates brand loyalty..Bottom line is you don't take away money, without giving something back. In 1972 as a member of a ad-hoc black political committee, got Little Rock's first state legislators elected, this united step elected George Mays and Pulester Hollingsworth.
In 1974 when I was named program director for KOKY-AM in Little Rock, the station was ranked #10. When the new rankings came out later that year, KOKY had moved to #5 in the market. Followed by an Arbitron 12+ increase in 1975, the station was elevated to the #4 ranking in the Little Rock marketplace. This achievement was attributed to passive community research and massive community involvement coupled with the right program mix. After learning and being a practitioner of Todd Wallace Radio Index System’s Psycographic Research, while then #4, Q104 in Kansas City, Missouri, I learn the science of psycographic research used in my Memphis station turnaround.
My lifelong commitment to community service started in 1967 when my father passed and George Haley, Kansas’ first black state senator became my mentor. He involved me with Judge Harold "Doc" Holiday and KC’s (first) black family business owner, Bruce Watkins, as a teenage page between the political organization Freedom, Inc. and the Black Economic Union, while J. Edgar Hoover was in full effect.
My career goal before my wife’s extended agony with Multiple Sclerosis was to purchase natio an independent African-American chain of stations. After her death in late 2002, my faith in Almighty God, prayer, and my Quran, along with family support being my only comfort. Through his abundant grace I have without any significant female contact since maintain success and allow me to serve less fortunate and under privledge, much as our lord did. Administering not only to physical needs, psycological, ofter times spritual giving hope where it's lost. CONSPIRICY REVEALED*****
check BOOGIE REPORT ''Tell like it Tis'' BRING BACK COMMUNICATIONS ACT OF 1934.
That photo is not Al Lindsey.
Boogie, YEP! It's quality shows with variety, the fans get burned out. For whatever reason, If if were not for your site I would'nt even know about some of these talented artist, they never get put on shows.

Boogie said:
Okay GranDMaster try this one on and see if it makes Cents and Dollas
Southern Soul Has been designated to the chitlin circuit the same acts playing the same venues doing the same show
year after year after year, causes attendence to suffer promoters lose more money, venues close do to lack of business more artist coming on the scene everyday.with fewer venues::::::
:
NOW THE ANSWER

Increase the market share by courting audiences out of the chitlin circuit we need more venue to showcase some of the new hot artist that dont get a break in the traditional circuit.

That means some sacrifice for artist promoters and radio where possible we have to plant seed in fertile ground!!!!!

Okay GranDMaster try this one on and see if it makes Cents and Dollas
Southern Soul Has been designated to the chitlin circuit the same acts playing the same venues doing the same show
year after year after year, causes attendence to suffer promoters lose more money, venues close do to lack of business more artist coming on the scene everyday.with fewer venues::::::
:
NOW THE ANSWER

Increase the market share by courting audiences out of the chitlin circuit we need more venue to showcase some of the new hot artist that dont get a break in the traditional circuit.

That means some sacrifice for artist promoters and radio where possible we have to plant seed in fertile ground!!!!!
because most radio stations cater to the commercialy popular artist(meaning music that is widely played each day) there
are, at least in this area and many others that i have visited no stations exposing these artist to the listening public. there
are or were no blues station or station that promgram blues in our area of east texas. we just started a station that is
programming blues,gospel, and jazz. most people do not book artist they are not familiar with, and the public knows nothing about. we are the home of the blues here in east texas .. 1060-am-kofy-gilmer,tyler,longview,texas
dj sugarlove has a valid point. it's like going to the grocery store, most people buy the brands thay hear about or see most.
southern soul music is like the second line or off brands, people are not familiar with them so they are overlooked for the
better known items. and again the radio stations need to program the artist so their product can be heard
We should listen to the sponsor's that are buying time on our comunity and major radio station's and if that station is not playing our music or the music we like to listen to don't support their sponsors don't buy the product from the stores that are buying advertising on their station's because when the sponsor's is not getting their product sold they will pull their add's off those station, we have a lot of buying power, where do you think we would be today if Dr King hadn't did that same tactic, most Black mainstream radio stations have forgotten our roots or where we came from or what sort of music their mama's and father's like, there are a few station's across the country that is still trying to play blues and southern soul but it just ain't enought to keep our music alive.
Chick (stoop down man) Willis
1st of all southern soul needs there own video show on a national scale.And the only way to do that is through BET.Exposure is limited in southern soul.It only in the south.It's some place right here in the US. can't get the music or never heard it.What r&b,country,and gospel have in common is video exsposure nationwide and overseas.So what it gonna take is all the big wigs in the southern soul market get together with a plan .And go to Bet or better yet start there own video show in the south and let it expand nationwide.Because you got people from 25 to55 all across the WORLD who want to find there own groove with southern soul.Just like we are doing.It's up to Dj's ,Artist,promoters,manegers,ect.To come together with a good top entertainmet lawyer and get it rollin.Until that happens southern soul will never get the shows like r&b artist.You just got to change with the time.Unless you wanna stay behind.Thank you!
I just want to coment on this! This is something that I have seened for my self. If you are not a mason, or in the so called click ak ak hollywood club your music is not going out to the socalled mass'es. If it is not something that is puting the race down it will not be put out there for the mass'es to hear. Just pay attention to what is going on. Anything that black people do it is either attacked or copyed!
OK HERE'S THE DEAL #1 SOME BLUES ARTIST TRY TO GET PAYED AND I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT TYRONE , JOHNNY,LITTLE MILTON,AND SO MANY MORE ARE GONE TO SOUL HEAVEN!!!!! NOW THE ONLY BIG NAME OUT THERE IS SIR CHARLES, T.K.SOUL MEL WAITERS, MARVIN SEASE, BOBBY RUSH,THE STAND UP IN IT MAN !!! LATIMORE AND THAT'S ABOUT IT . NOW THERE R ARTIST OUT THERE LIKE TERRY WRIGHT,O.B.& MANY MORE AND C THEY CAN'T GET WHAT TYRONE & JOHNNY GOT TIMES ARE MUCH HARDER NOW PROMOTERS DONT HAVE THE CASH...... OH I ALL MOST FORGOT FLOYD TAYLOR.. NOW FLOYD MUST LET HIS DADDY REST IN PEACE AND START SING FLOYD MUSIC THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR? DONT GET ME WORNG HE DOES A GREAT JOB WITH JOHNNY'S SONGS.. THE SOUTHERN SOUL ARTIST JUST TRY TO GET PAYED LIKE THE GREAT ONES IT WANT HAPPEN B.E.T.ON !!!!!!! THAT NOT NOW DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C THE WORLD HAS CHANGED PEOPLE CAN'T PAID 25 & 30 DOLLARS TIMES ARE JUST TO HARD NOW DAYS SO THE ARTIST MUST LEARN THE GAME AND TRY TO BOOK SHOW THEMSELF AND NOT A AGENT IT WOULD WORK OUT BETTER ON THERE BEHALF BELIVE ME I BOOK THEM ALL THE TIME!!! ALSO ARTIST DON'T TRY THAT TRACK S$$T IT WILL ONLY KEEP PEOPLE AWAY ... B LIVE AND B READY TO SHOW YOUR BLESSINGS P.S. THE COWBOY IN JACKSON TENN...... W.L.C.D. 98.7 LOG ONTO MY RADIO STATION WWW.LANECOLLEGE.EDU 24-7 365 DAYS AND REMBER IT'S KNOW WHAT GOD CAN DO WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR OTHER HE CAN AND WILL DO FOR U AND YOURS BELIVE IN YOURSELF AND HAVE FAITH IN GOD ........ SEE I GIVE THE NEW ARTIST A CHANCE AND I HAVE NOT BEEN LET DOWN THERE IS GOOD SINGERS AND GROUPS OUT THERE LIKE KAREN WOLFE , MS. JODY, DONNIE RAY, AND YOU KNOW WHAT LEBARO HAS THE HOTTEST SONG OUT THERE IT WILL BUST THE CHARTS WIDE OPEN IT'S MY SONG OF THE YEAR SO SEXY PLAY THE SONG AND WATCH YOUR LINES LIGHT UP .... ALSO LACEE SHE WILL BECOME THE LADY IF GIVING A SHOT THE GIRL IS BAD............................... CALL ME 731 234-3368 OR 731 425-2565
Grandmaster, I'm a little late on the discussion, but it is a question that I often ask myself. I remember back in the day as a little girl walking the streets and you would see the Poster Flyers on the phone polls everywhere. Where are the Promoters? Where are the venues? City ordinances make it very hard on that level and the slow death to Black Radio is the other cause to the effect. Urban Radio have that sponsorship to promote more community base events with the giveways that lure the audience. Same is happening to Jazz. A festival may have just a few artist who are Jazz and the rest is R&B. What we gone do?

RSS

We are dedicated to the preservation of the original true american musical art form"The Blues" Specializing in Southern Soul Blues Music

About

© 2017   Created by The Boogie Report.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service